I’ve noticed that when I’ve posted the article Java eBook Conversion, many got interested with the topic so I’m making this entry to give way to another FREE Java eBook Conversion software, Tequila Cat eBook Reader and Converter.
Tequila Cat software supports plain TXT, RTF, PDF, PDB/PRC (Palm e-books), HTML formats. I’ve tried to convert a repligo file, it didn’t work! I’ve tested the software by converting a 388kb PDF file, the output JAVA file is now 104kb. Here’s the output, The World As I See It. Basically, its almost the same as mjBook software.
- Download TequilaCat V2.3.4 and extract the .zip file to your computer. In my case, I’ve extracted it to C:\Program Files\Java\Tequila
- Open Shell.exe to convert ebooks
- Choose the correct phone type
- Add book and make necessary adjustments to your eBook
- Transfer your converted ebooks to ur phone… via bluetooth, cable, irda etc.
- Install the java ebook to your phone
- Open it to read the eBook
- Images from the source file will be ignored
- Don’t forget to set your margins, word wrap, font, colors settings
- Find more information at the help option
- Every book you converted will become standalone, that means that you can read them without having to install any additional reader application just like other java files.
- Press “0″ or zero key to go to the main menu of your java eBook on your phone.