This mobile ebook article is primarily for the new generation of bookworms who doesn’t have computer or just want to have their txt file converted wherever, whenever they want even if they’re a hundred miles away from they’re desktop. I’m a big fan of this eBook Maker application, can’t even decide on what mobile phone should I buy next because it might not be compatible. I hope the developers could make a higher version that would work on other latest symbian phones nowadays. And since there are none, I’m still having a second thought on what latest phone should I buy or find another mobile application that works the same function.
eBook Maker is a free application for symbian phones. Special messages such as quotes or other important messages can be converted into an eBook. I frequently do this to back up important messages. There are other computer software available online but I’m concentrating more on mobile application as much as it can be.
There are ways to do this.
*Here’s the first option, a comprehensive step by step how to convert your messages into an eBook on your phone.
- On your mobile, open the message you want to convert, click option then choose forward
- Highlight the message then copy. Use the pen key and cursor to highlight the text, option > copy the message.
- Go to main menu and click notes. Open a new note then paste the message. Copy other messages if you want and make necessary editing.
- Send the note via Multimedia message, click close and choose “Saved to Draft”.
- Open FExplorer 1.17, go to the main directory and click inbox folder. Lower version of FExplorer doesn’t have inbox folder so make sure that you have the latest version.
- Locate the .txt file, copy the file and paste it to another folder. option > edit > copy > and paste ito to other folder. Close all unnecessary application especially if you have lower symbian phone model.
- Open eBook Maker application > option > make book > locate the folder where you’ve pasted it, then click
- It will ask you now where do you want the converted eBook to be saved, choose Library.
- After conversion, eBook Maker will ask “Delete source file?”… choose yes or no. Even if you choose yes, you still have a copy at your notes, thats if you have plans of future editing.
Open eBook, the file should be in the Library. From the FExplorer or any third party file manager, the exact location of your eBook is E:\System\Apps\SW_Book\Library. Converted eBook filename can be change using FExplorer or any third party file manager.
**If you have other ebook file in txt format and want it converted to Aportis (prc), skip steps 1 to 6.
***The easiest way is to use Message Storer v1.02 application. Converting SMS/MMS file to txt format is as easy as ABC with this mobile application. Supported devices are Nokia 3230, Nokia 3650, Nokia 3660, Nokia 6260, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6620, Nokia 6630, Nokia 6670, Nokia 6680, Nokia 7610, Nokia 7650, Nokia N70, Nokia N90, Nokia N-Gage, Panasonic X700, Panasonic X800, Samsung SGH-D730, Sendo X, Siemens SX1.