By default, files that you want to share on Raccoon mobile web server is in E:apache/htdocs folder on your mobile. With no configuration, your mobsite looked like index of downloadable files.
If you have files with different categories, you would not want to place all your files in E:apache/htdocs folder. For instance, mobile ebook files should be on their right folder in able for you to read them, putting them all in htdocs folder means unreasonable memory usage. See the point?
Make sure that you understand httpd.conf file and make a backup of this file before editing. The steps below is to make drive e: (MMC or memory card) as your “document server”. This way, no need to move all files to E:apache/htdocs folder.
Edit httpd.conf using System Explorer.
- Look for these lines:
# Uncomment the following two lines if you want to provide access to
# the entire filesystem of your phone. I’m sure you keep you door unlocked
# at home also.
#Alias /c-root/ “C:/”
#Alias /e-root/ “E:/”
– Remove # before Alias /e-root/ “E:/” and change e-root to your server name.
Ex: Alias /glitch/ “E:/”
- Look also for these lines:
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
# DocumentRoot “E:/Apache/htdocs”
– just remove the words Apache/htdocs from the last line, it should be like this:
# DocumentRoot “E:/”
- Of course, if you open the whole drive e: there are folders you dont want to be seen on your mobsite. Then, we have to hide these folders. Look for these lines:
# Uncomment the following line if you don’t want to let anybody unknown
# see your home-page.
# Require valid-user [/Directory] [Directory "C:/Nokia/Images/"]
# Change ‘valid-user’ to a specific user or comment the line out if
# want to allow access to anybody. Require valid-user[/Directory]
– Remove “#” from the third line and replace [Directory "C:/Nokia/Images/"] with [Directory "C:/"]
– Below the edited line… add additional line, change the location to E:/System/ to hide memory card system files. Additional line is equivalent to another folder like images, etc.
example: Require valid-user [/Directory] [Directory "E::/Images/"]
– Change “[" and "]” to greater than and less than sign.
- Click back and save the file.
- All the html files should be placed at drive e: or your memory card. Make folders and subfolders if necessary, just make sure that you place the right file location on the html file.
- If you’re not confident on html editing using System Explorer, you can use FExplorer or use the MMS trick.
- The image above is the screenshot of my Raccoon mobsite, Drive E (MMC) as the document server and a separate html page for repligo category. With this procedure, you also need to make html files which will be discussed soon.