I was checking for my mobile applications installed on my phone and saw Isilo 4.36. I checked for the latest Isilo version before I make an article about it. The latest version now is 5.05 released in January 5, 2009, there are many version from 4.36 prior to 5.05. Hey, the application is long been installed on my phone and haven’t used it yet. I updated my version hoping there’s a major change, I’m using now 30-day trial version. I shouldn’t have done that, I didn’t see any major changes at all. Well, at least I test and blog about Isilo. For those who have a license for a prior version, you can purchase the upgrade to version 5.x from the online store, they’re having a promo for upgrade until March 31, 2009 for $6.99 which normally costs $9.99.
If you do not register iSilo™ by the end of the 30-day trial period, iSilo™ converts to free mode, which allows you to continue using iSilo™ without needing to purchase a license but with limited features. In free version, hyperlinks, images, color, tables, mixed font size, bookmarks are not available.
Isilo reads Palm PDB and TXT formats. It works on wide variety of smartphones and other device. You could check on this link to find if your device is compatible.
- High text compression in iSilo™ format documents result in a 50% to 60% decrease in size, which is about 20% better than the Palm Doc format, allowing you to store more and larger documents on your handheld.
- Hyperlinks make it much easier to navigate through a document.
- Images add visual richness to documents, especially photo-quality color pictures.
- Tables allow the display of tabular data.
- Formatted text gives style to text for controlled emphasis.